At the Reference Desk, you can ask assistance for:
- The definition and the specification of the topics of the research
- The indication of an appropriate methodology in carrying out the research
- The individuation of the access keywords to the research: authors or titles, subjects, classifications
- The standardization, by means of uniform rules and criteria that are shared on a national and international level, of terms that are useful to research: of author headings/entry words (accepted forms and varying forms), of single subject words and word by word strings, of indexation classifications by topic
- The identification of bibliographic information in its entirety or in its single elements: author, title, place of publication, publisher, date of publication, classification to which the work belongs, etcetera.
- The use of stocks that can be found in the Reference Room
- Gathering the information from electronic catalogues (on CD-ROM, on Internet and online)
- Information and addresses regarding other libraries.