Caution: check carefully in which repository the documents you are looking for are located.
For further information
- call the reference service 051/276816 (Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 6.45 p.m.; Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1.45 p.m.).
- write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- send a request for information to the online service Ask the Library.
Fill in the forms available at the Distribution Desk and deliver the requests to the staff of the Distribution Desk, attaching the entry card. Up to 6 works (for a maximum of 10 volumes) can be requested at the same time, plus 6 works (up to a total of 10 volumes) placed in the external storage.
At the end of the consultation, return the books to the Distribution Desk.
Those who wish to continue consulting the volumes in the following days can leave them in temporary storage.
The volumes with classification 16, part of the volumes with classification 10 and part of the volumes with classification 17 are requested in the Manuscripts and Rare Books Room.
The volumes with classification CONS can be found in the Reference Room. Corriere della Sera, La Repubblica and Il Resto del Carlino are available on DVD, when present.
The consultation of the vacuum-preserved paper copies, for reasons of documentary heritage protection, is only permitted upon a reasoned written application that must be submitted to the Head of the Public Services (as in the case of periodicals with ARPE J.00 location).
Booking on site. Phone number 051 276822 - 276816, mail email@example.com.
Max 6 requests/ 10 documents.
Documents of the foreground
Requests: Monday-Friday by 6 p.m.Saturday by 1 p.m.
Delivery within 20 minutes (ARCANGELI PA, PB, PC e PD the next day)
Bookstores in the attic
list of classifications
Requests: Monday-Friday by 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 12 p.m., 1 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m., 4 p.m., 5 p.m., Saturday by 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 12 p.m., 1 p.m.
Delivery within 30 minutes after pickup time. From 9:30 a.m. the bookings of the previous days.
Storage in Via dell'Industria
list of classifications
Requests from Monday to Friday by 6:30 p.m., Saturday by 1:30 p.m.
Booking only on site or by phone 051 276822 - 276816
max 6 requests / 10 volumes at a time
Requests made on Monday and Tuesday: delivery on Wednesday from 2 p.m.
Requests made on Wednesday and Thursday: delivery on Friday from 2 p.m.
Requests made on Friday and Saturday: delivery on Monday from 2 p.m.
The booked documents remain at the user's disposal for one week in the Reading Room, at the end of which they will be relocated.
How to consult the ancient books
- Consultation of the volumes exclusively in the reserved tables of the Reading Room (the three central tables, which do not have electrical sockets and which are intended for the consultation of particular materials such as ancient books, newspapers, large format publications, and the first table on the right, near the access door to the Historic Rooms, the only one available for users who consult ancient books and use a personal computer), taking all the necessary precautions to ensure the preservation of documents (the use of lapis and not pens, prohibition of writing notes on the volumes themselves, use of bookrests, etcetera).
- Exceptionally, on a reasoned request and with the permission of the person in charge of the service, the consultation of the old volumes can also be carried out in the Manuscripts Hall: in this case, the user must be accompanied by the staff.
- It is forbidden to bring ancient books in the Reading Room; if the simultaneous use of stocks or volumes placed in the Reading Room is required, the latter may be moved to the Reading Room with the permission of the reference service staff.